For most students, stress plays a large role because young adults are still learning how to be independent and maintain a healthy life balance. Another reason is because of school and keeping their lives balanced. Recently, mental health has surfaced as a benefactor to students. This can result in ruining relationships or body image issues and confidence. Today, there is pressure put on by students with their grades or with their social lives.
For me, there is no larger argument on that students induce their own stress in certain situations. I personally think stress can be avoided with physical health and with preventative measures taken. For instance, if friends are stressing me out, I choose not to do things with them because it ruins my mood. If I think school “stresses me out”, it is probably because I procrastinated my homework or didn’t work on the right assignment in alignment of its due date. I think school and personal stress can be completely avoidable because we have control over any situation.
I do think there can be external factors causing stress, but I don’t think that should have as large of an affect and some people make it. A wise professor once asked, “Is it THAT big of a deal?” If the answer is no, then it should not dramatically influence our lives. Why do we let other people stress us out with their problems? Why don’t we just let everything roll off our back?
Something that is SO IRRITATING is how people use the “mental health” as an excuse in athletics or for school. FoxSports & I have the same opinion regarding athletes and mental health and how they are being coddled. For context, if you don’t start in a sport or if it is too “time demanding”, it was YOUR CHOICE to play. Same argument if you aren’t the star on the team or if you don’t even play, you can’t use mental health as an excuse for not being as physically gifted as others.
I personally do not handle my stress by talking to someone, I would prefer to handle it by myself. I don’t understand wasting someone else’s time to talk about things, but nothing gets solved. How is that person supposed to understand every feeling we have in every situation? It is impossible to recall an emotion in that moment because there are so many factors like sleep and emotions that play into it. My opinion is: my problem, it should be my solution. I respect people who choose to go to therapy, it is their choice. But I think they should end up finding a solution or they will always rely on someone else to solve their problems.
Some common ways to cope with stress are regularly exercising your brain with taking breaks or physically exercising your body. HelpGuide.org states several ways on the common ways to cope with stress emotionally and physically. Accepting your feelings and staying motivated is the key to overcoming a mental breakdown. Knowing when you need help beyond your control is a sign of strength.
As a student, below are ways to cope with stress!
Comments
Post a Comment